Nathan Fowler is Assistant Professor in the Department of Lymphoma/Myeloma at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Professor Fowler received his MD and completed his residence at the University of Texas, before completing a clinical fellowship in hematology/oncology at Georgetown University where he was a chief fellow.
His focus at MD Anderson has been the further development of novel therapeutic regimens with immunomodulatory therapies to help patients with low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). He also serves as the chairman of several phase I and investigator-initiated phase II trials for patients with NHL.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Co-Director of the Clinical Investigational and Translational Research Program at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2012–2018)
- Member of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Follicular Lymphoma Sub Committee
- Member of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG), Lymphoma Steering Committee (2013–present)
- Advisor of the Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2012–present)
- Member of the Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee (2010–present)
- Member of the Clinical Research Committee (2009–2016)
- Georgetown Chief Fellow
- Natural Science and Mathematics Scholar and Fellow
- Order of Omega Greek Honor Society
- Dean's List