Simon Rule is Professor in Hematology at the Department of Hematology at Plymouth University Peninsula School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK. He is also a consultant hematologist and Associate Medical Director of Research and Development at Plymouth Hospital NHS Trust, UK.
Professor Rule graduated from Nottingham medical school in 1987 with a Master of Philosophy degree in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) research performed when he was a medical student. He trained in Hematology in London at the Westminster and Hammersmith hospitals and also in Perth Western Australia.
Professor Rule’s research area of interest is in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) particularly in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). He is the Chief Investigator on 12 national studies and Principal Investigator on over 40 studies. Additionally, he manages the only MCL clinic in Europe.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Chair of the national cancer research network (NCRN) Low Grade NHL Committee from 2013
- Member of the Leukemia and Lymphoma research clinical trials committee (2012)
- Member of the Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Advisory Committee (2012)
- Member of the European Mantle Cell Lymphoma Network
- Author on more than 150 scientific publications