Ulrich Jäger is Professor of Hematology at Medical University of Vienna and Head of the Clinical Department for hematology and hemostaseology at the Vienna General Hospital.
Professor Jäger obtained his university degree in General Internal Medicine at the University of Vienna with specific specialization in hematology/oncology.
His research areas of interest include; lymphoproliferative diseases (leukemia and lymphoma), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), antibody therapies and autoimmune hemolytic anemias.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- President of the European Hematology Association (EHA; 2011–2013)
- Member of the Austrian Society of Hematology and Oncology and the Austrian Society of Internal Medicine
- Member of the American Society of Hematology
- Member of the European Leukemia Net, European Hematology Association and the German CLL study group
- Winner of the Wilhelm Türk Prize of the Austrian Society for Hematology and Oncology (2002 and 2003)
- Winner of the Prize of the "Erste Österreichische Sparkasse" (2002)
- Winner of the Aventis Prize (1st prize; 2003)
- Winner of "Großer Zentraleuropäischer Preis" of the Vienna City Fund for innovative interdisciplinary cancer research (2012)
- Professor Jäger reviews top medical journals, he is also Section Editor of the Annals of Hematology and Editor of the Vienna Clinical Weekly Educational